Dangerous Behaviors Behind The Wheel
While traffic accidents can have numerous causes, there are some driving behaviors that pose a heightened risk. Serious injury, or even death, can occur as a result of these behaviors, thereby leaving you and your family in a state of turmoil.
The Law Offices of Michael R. Kaiser can assist you in navigating the complex insurance claims’ process that accompanies car accidents. Our attorneys put to use numerous years spent working on behalf of insurance companies, evaluating and negotiating a settlement for you that is fair. Our practice extends its services to clients all over Palm Springs as well as San Bernardino and Imperial counties, the High Desert, Coachella Valley and Riverside.
Common Driving Risks
Whether you drive a car, ride a bike or walk near a roadway, you can be severely injured by another motorist’s actions. The following are the five most prevalent driving risks:
- Speeding: Over the last 11 years, 30 percent of fatalities in traffic accidents have involved increased speed, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- Impaired driving: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention states that during the course of a year, operating a vehicle while impaired by alcohol is admitted to by 121 million American adults.
- Distracted driving: According to distraction.gov, electronic devices or cell phones are used by 660,000 U.S. drivers at any time during the day.
- Road rage: Incidences of road rage have been cited in the deaths of almost 1,500 motorists over the last eight years, as reported by TODAY News.
- Driver fatigue: The National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration states that drowsy driving was connected to 83,000 collisions annually over a four-year period.
An extensive injury can impact your ability to hold gainful employment. The need for long-term medical care may also be a factor. Our attorneys use this information to calculate the amount of compensation you need. If the insurance company is uncooperative, we will take your claim to court.
We Are Here To Help
When it comes to personal injury claims, our lawyers work diligently to achieve the best results possible for you. Use our online contact form to learn more, or call 760-322-0806 to schedule your free initial consultation.
Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Distracted Driver
- Top 5 Causes of Car Accidents
- Accidents Caused By Texting While Driving
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian/Bicycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Trucking Accidents - Distracted Driving
- Bus Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents - Wrongful Death
- Rear-End Collisions
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Claims
- Hit-and-Run Accidents
- What To Do If You Are In A Car Accident
- Trucking Companies: Negligent Hiring & Training
- Car Accident FAQs
- ATV Accidents
- Fatal Auto Accidents
- Interstate 10 Accidents