Many people living in the Palm Desert and Coachella Valley regions enjoy active lifestyles, and bicycling has been a favorite pastime for Americans all over the country for generations. Today, many people use their bicycles more than their vehicles to commute and get around their local areas, cutting down on fossil fuel consumption and emissions that harm the environment. While these are noble causes and definite benefits of bicycling, people who ride bicycles on major streets run the risk of experiencing accidents with motor vehicles.
When bicycle accidents happen, cyclists can sustain serious injuries such as broken bones, brain injuries, spinal injuries, and much more. The Law Offices of Michael R. Kaiser can help victims of bicycle accidents secure the compensation they need to recover.
Why Hire the Law Offices of Michael R. Kaiser?
If you’ve experienced a bicycle accident in Palm Springs or anywhere in the Coachella Valley, you need a reliable, involved and experienced attorney to help secure compensation for the resulting damages. Bicycle accident cases can be surprisingly complex, and the questions of negligence and liability aren’t always clear. When your family needs an experienced personal injury attorney to handle a bicycle accident claim, Michael R. Kaiser can help. Here are a few reasons to trust our firm with your bicycle accident case.
- Attorney Michael R. Kaiser has more than 40 years of experience as a California personal injury lawyer. He has handled countless personal injury cases including bicycle accident claims, helping clients recover their damages.
- Michael R. Kaiser believes in client-focused legal counsel. He takes time to get to know you and your situation, so he fully understands how your bicycle accident has impacted your life, providing you and your loved ones with individualized, comprehensive legal representation.
- Michael Kaiser has extensive experience navigating California’s personal injury laws and the vehicle codes. He can help you interpret these statutes and determine how they apply to your case.
- Mr. Kaiser has professional contacts like expert witnesses, medical consultants, and legal experts throughout the country who can weigh in on your bicycle accident claim if necessary, strengthening your case.
- Mr. Kaiser offers contingency fee billing, meaning our clients only pay legal fees as a percentage of their case awards when we win.
When bicyclists suffer injuries in accidents on the road, the results can be devastating not only physically, but economically as well. Michael R. Kaiser has the resources, experience, and legal acumen to help you and your loved ones recover as completely as possible.
Possible Damages in a Bicycle Accident Claim
Bicyclists have very little protection when it comes to accidents with motorists. A bicycle accident in the Palm Desert area can cause may possible injuries such as:
- Bone fractures, some of which may require surgical mending and long-term recovery.
- Severe abrasions from hard contact with the road surface.
- Spinal cord injuries, which may result in permanent disabilities.
- Facial injuries that may lead to disfigurement or impaired speech, vision, or hearing.
- Dental injuries that may necessitate surgical repair and interfere with eating and speaking.
It’s also possible to suffer a combination of injuries in a severe bicycle accident. If a negligent driver causes a bicycle accident, the victim will need to file a personal injury claim to recover compensation for the resulting damages.
Damages and Compensation for Bicycle Accident Claims
The goal of a personal injury lawsuit is to make the injured party “whole” again following an injury. In most cases, this means financial compensation for the economic effects of an injury. To succeed in a personal injury claim for a bicycle accident in California, the injured party’s legal team must accomplish two main objectives: prove the defendant was negligent and therefore responsible for the plaintiff’s damages and prove the full extent of those damages.
California provides a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury claims, meaning the injured party in a bicycle accident case has two years from the date of the incident to file a lawsuit against the responsible party. This may sound like a generous timeframe, but it can take quite some time to fully ascertain the extent of the damages resulting from a bicycle accident. Plaintiffs must weigh the need to meet the statute of limitations and the need to accurately determine the full extent of their damages.
Damages available in a personal injury case for a bicycle accident in Palm Springs typically include:
- Medical expenses, or any costs associated with the medical treatment of the victim’s injuries. This applies to short-term costs like hospital bills as well as long-term costs like ongoing physical therapy or multiple surgeries.
- Lost income, including wages lost during recovery as well as lost future earning capacity if a victim’s injuries leaves him or her unable to work in the future.
- Property damage, such as damage to the victim’s bicycle and other personal belongings damaged or destroyed in the incident in question.
- Pain and suffering, which seeks to compensate the victim’s physical pain, emotional suffering, mental anguish, and the intangible losses resulting from a bicycle accident.
The plaintiff’s legal team will need to collect evidence to prove the extent of the damages in the case, including traffic camera footage, eyewitness testimony, vehicle computer data, cell phone records, and more. They must also prove the full extent of the damages directly resulting from the defendant’s negligence. Success in a personal injury lawsuit requires proving the defendant owed the plaintiff a duty of care and failed to meet that duty, directly resulting in the plaintiff’s claimed damages.
Secure Legal Counsel Today
If you or a loved one experienced a bicycle accident in Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Indio, Riverside, or anywhere in the Inland Empire, the Law Offices of Michael R. Kaiser can help. We have extensive experience with bicycle accident claims and know how to navigate them successfully.
Our firm understands the injuries resulting from a bicycle accident can interfere with your daily life and compromise your ability to work, so we will do everything we can to build a strong case and secure the compensation you need to be whole again. Contact the Law Offices of Michael R. Kaiser to schedule a free case evaluation about your bicycle accident claim and find out how our team can help.
Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Distracted Driver
- Top 5 Causes of Car Accidents
- Accidents Caused By Texting While Driving
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian/Bicycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Trucking Accidents - Distracted Driving
- Bus Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents - Wrongful Death
- Rear-End Collisions
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Claims
- Hit-and-Run Accidents
- What To Do If You Are In A Car Accident
- Trucking Companies: Negligent Hiring & Training
- Car Accident FAQs
- ATV Accidents
- Fatal Auto Accidents
- Interstate 10 Accidents